Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Death Penalty

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Death Penalty

    For years, I was strongly for the death penalty. Years at Red Onion State Prison have changed that. I have seen that "life' in a place like ours is much worse than death, but today upon learning (jubilantly) that my friend Karen's son's killer was found guilty of first-degree murder (took jury just 1 1/2 hrs to convict this gangsta punk), I share her and David's hope that Mark's killer, Nickolus Johnson, gets the death penalty. I hope he is quickly sent to his maker to answer for this. Thoughts on capital punishment?
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  2. #2
    Inactive Member aphrodite4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2006
    Posts
    537
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Death Penalty

    Im for the death penalty. For some crimes it is the only punishment. But I also dont think it right that taxpayers have to pay to keep up these convicts for the rest of their lives.
    RE-ELECT MARK HUTCHINSON SB DISTRICT 1.
    DONALD DUCK FOR SB IN DISTRICT 2 & 3. [ALL CANDIDATES ARE WORTHLESS]
    RE-ELECT KYLE FLETCHER SB DISTRICT 4
    [img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n261/aphrodite4evermore/wildcat.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Death Penalty

    Economics-death penalty much better (don't believe the BS about costing more to execute than keep up one)
    Suffering/Punishment- Life with no parole is much worse than dying. It truly is.

    Anybody read the CNN article about lethal injections now being found to cause pain/suffering (suffocation) to convicts? I almost got a chub when I read that (always thought injections were way to damn easy on them). It does my hardcore heart good hearing that there is agony involved. Of all the great torture devices that the barbaric race mankind has invented, and we give 'em a friggin shot.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  4. #4
    Inactive Member aphrodite4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2006
    Posts
    537
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Death Penalty

    Actually I was listening to a radio program on xm satellite a few weeks ago and they were talking about the death penalty and said that It's only about $180 to execute someone by lethal injection. That doesnt even touch the bills one person could have on average in a month. I spend more than that on groceries. Considering how long most people live, it is considerably cheaper to execute someone than to give them 3 squares a day & a place to stay.
    RE-ELECT MARK HUTCHINSON SB DISTRICT 1.
    DONALD DUCK FOR SB IN DISTRICT 2 & 3. [ALL CANDIDATES ARE WORTHLESS]
    RE-ELECT KYLE FLETCHER SB DISTRICT 4
    [img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n261/aphrodite4evermore/wildcat.jpg[/img]

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Death Penalty

    I disagree with the death penalty. Why should we murder to justify murder? That's just lowering ourselves to their level. And there's only one entity in this universe who has the right to take a life. Remember "Thou shall not kill"? That means everybody. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see anybody murdered. I abhor death more than I do the death penalty. But those who kill will answer for their deed(s), including executioners. Only problem is, what do you do with them? Certainly not let them have decent lives inside the walls of a prison. (Bear in mind I have no knowledge of how our prison system works. I just feel that allowing them to simply exist in a cage is too lenient.) And while I agree the taxpayers shouldn't have to pay for their upkeep, I'd gladly pay my taxes to make their lives a living hell. They should be made to feel so miserable that they would beg for death to take them. I think any rights they had as a citizen of our great country should be null and void once convicted of murder. Granted, we shouldn't just beat them for the sake of beating them, but they should not have any luxuries in life no matter how minor they may be. They should be fed the bare minimum their bodies need to exist with the blandest of foods. They should have no "rec time" if that really does happen. They shouldn't be allowed out of their cells. No showers. No bed. Their cells should be about the size of a small closet (let them suffer claustrophobia, not to mention this would solve the over crowding issue). No contact what so ever with anybody outside of their walls. And they should have the most uncomfortable toilets that can be made. Make them so miserable that they regret their crime so much that they beg forgiveness of any person they see only to be laughed at and rejected. And I realize that the families of those murdered want the perpetrator to suffer the same fate, but in the end what does it solve? The person you loved is still gone. Wouldn't it be much more satisfying to see them suffer more than any one human being can stand? It would be for me.
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Death Penalty

    Ah, the problem is, prisoners have more rights than we do friend. A convict can pursue a college degree (free to them-paid for by us), If you or I need surgery, we pay for it (while the con gets it for free-actually have people get deliberately incarcerated for medical care). My medicines aren't free (theirs are). Want to know how much it costs an inmate to see a nurse or the doctor? Yeah, you guessed it-nada (sometimes we can charge $5 if they aren't indigent (which 95% are). I can go on if you wish, but I try not to throw more salt in open wounds.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Death Penalty

    That's what I'm talking about. All those rights they have should be revoked. If you murder you don't deserve them.
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member aphrodite4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2006
    Posts
    537
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Death Penalty

    I dont like the thoughts of death any more than you do, but it is a lot cheaper way of dealing with this problem and it would solve the over crowding problem as well. I like your solution dawgs with one exception, the whole no shower thing. Prisoners who dont take showers are more likely to contract some type of disease and passing it on to innocent prison officials, who then in turn take it home to their families, and kids at school and so on. If a prisoner were to contract the right type of disease it could turn to an epidemic. And we'd still end up having to provide them with some kind of medical care to get rid of the disease. No matter what solution you come up with there's always something wrong with it. You can't get everyone to agree on this subject no matter what you do.You just have to try to make the best out of a bad situation.
    RE-ELECT MARK HUTCHINSON SB DISTRICT 1.
    DONALD DUCK FOR SB IN DISTRICT 2 & 3. [ALL CANDIDATES ARE WORTHLESS]
    RE-ELECT KYLE FLETCHER SB DISTRICT 4
    [img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n261/aphrodite4evermore/wildcat.jpg[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Shoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2002
    Posts
    1,620
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Death Penalty

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Indian_Dad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ah, the problem is, prisoners have more rights than we do friend. A convict can pursue a college degree (free to them-paid for by us), If you or I need surgery, we pay for it (while the con gets it for free-actually have people get deliberately incarcerated for medical care). My medicines aren't free (theirs are). Want to know how much it costs an inmate to see a nurse or the doctor? Yeah, you guessed it-nada (sometimes we can charge $5 if they aren't indigent (which 95% are). I can go on if you wish, but I try not to throw more salt in open wounds.</div></div>
    Yeah that [censored] bohters me right there. The first time I was escourting the Nurse around and she said that will be a $5 charge to see the doctor, I about [censored] my pants. I was thinking damn it cost the average a few hundred bucks to see him. Like I_D I could go on and on. But anyways back to the topic. I am a firm believe in an eve for an eye. You kill someone then you shold be killed no questions asked. I also think they should bring back the firing sguad, hanging, and all that type of death penelity. Anything that bothers me is how long a person gets to sit on death row before their time comes. If you get sentenced to death, then should have no more then a few days to a week to be there. Why wait for months or years before you get your turn. You know it's coming might as well get it out of the way.
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

  10. #10
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Death Penalty

    I was once strongly for the death penalty, until I had the duty of serving as jury foreman of a first degree murder trial. I found that it's one thing to convict beyond a reasonable doubt, but to recommend the death penalty is an entirely different story. I'll never forget the feeling of having someone's life in my hands - it was surreal, almost like being outside yourself and looking in. Something I never want to experience again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •